- Phone : (855) 503-6822
- Speciality: Bariatric Surgeon
- Education: Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud (CUCS) de la Universidad de Guadalajara, medical school
- Degress: Surgeon and Obstetrician
About Dr. Sergio del Hoyo
Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo is a surgeon with more than 15 years’ experience, specializing in General Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery with additional training in Laparoscopic Surgery and Obesity Surgery. A Board-Certified surgeon as well as a partner of several associations including the Mexican Association of General Surgery. Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery. Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases. IFSO.
Dr. Sergio has performed thousands of successful surgical procedures in a variety of surgical areas including general surgery, laparoscopic surgery and bariatric surgery. He believes strongly in ethics and responsibility, with a high safety standard and medical quality with a human touch.
Dr. Sergio personally attends to his patients, through communications and personalized meetings with each one, offering the best options for treatment with avant-garde surgical medical procedures.
Dr. Sergio del Hoyo completed his professional studies at the Central University of Health Sciences (CUCS) in Guadalajara, Mexico, where he earned his Surgeon and Obstetrician degree (DGP 4406249).
- Dr. Sergio del Hoyo is a specialist of General Surgery and obtained his degree at the New Civil Hospital of Guadalajara "Dr. Juan I. Menchaca" (DGP Specialty 4964017).
- Dr. Sergio del Hoyo was certified in laparoscopic surgery as well as renal transplantation during his General Surgery certification.
- Dr. Sergio del Hoyo is trained and certified in Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases.
Degrees and certifications
- Surgeon assigned to the Department of Surgery at the Mexican Institute of Social Security from 2007 to 2015.
- Professor of Gastroenterology at the Centro Universitario de la Costa (2010).
- Staff member of the San Javier Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta Hospitals (Board certified by the General Health Council).
- Board certified by the General Health Council.
- Hospital CMQ Premiere in Puerto Vallarta.
- Bilingual Spanish and English (TOEIC certified).
- Certified by the Mexican Board of General Surgery (C-120002).
- Certified as an Obesity and Metabolic Disease Surgeon (stages I, II)
- Advanced Course in Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases at the University of Stansburgo, France, IRCAD France.
- He has his diploma of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) for Surgical and Multidisciplinary Management of Obesity.
- Dr. Sergio del Hoyo is an active member of various medical associations:
- Mexican Association of General Surgery.- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery.- Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases.- IFSO - Each year, he attends various national and international medical courses and conferences.